"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."
Deadline: Midnight EST on November 21st, 2023
- Our first and foremost rule is that your writing must be good. We publish historical essays and research papers based solely on merit, and expect a high level of quality. Present something that keeps readers engaged and makes them think.
- No accreditation is necessary. You may publish under your name or a pseudonym, though we do ask that you keep your naming consistent if you plan on entering multiple submissions.
- We accept writing under 15,000 words. This is a limit, but please do not consider it to be a target. Volume I included essays from 3,000-12,000 words, and Volume II from 2,000-14,000; just write as many words as you need.
- Submissions may not be published elsewhere.
- When a piece is submitted, it will be considered for publication online & in the next four issues. If your submission is strong but has some minor concern preventing publication, we will contact you at the email or social media account provided.
- Sources can be presented in any format, though Chicago-style endnotes are preferred.
- Submissions should be in PDF or Word document format.
- Images or graphics to support a point are permitted, but will be published in black and white. Images must be owned by you or exist in the public domain.
COPYRIGHT © 2023 | The Dissident Review, LLC